Around 1938 the buildings with The Juicery, front, and Cafe Genevieve stood alone.
Van Vleck House (Cafe Genevieve): Built 1910. This log cabin building was home to Roy and Genevieve Van Vleck. Roy founded and operated the Jackson Mercantile, and Genevieve was a member of the nation's first all-woman Town Council in 1920. The home was one of a dozen that once had a barn in back that housed livestock and hay. Its National Register survey indicates the Van Vleck House represents the earliest history and development of Jackson as a "genuine old west agricultural community, which was transformed by tourism."
Persephone house: Built 1940s. The residence was likely moved to this site, but it represents the bungalow-style architecture traditional of East Jackson historic homes.
The Juicery house: Built 1936. This home belonged to the Van Vlecks' daughter, Stella, and her husband.
Coe Cabin (formerly Sweetwater Restaurant): Built 1915. This single-story log building was originally a residence, occupied by Ed and Emily Coe from 1930 to 1936. According to its National Register eligibility, the home's occupants chart the evolution of the town of Jackson and its urbanization: "The Coe years were the transition years for the valley and the community too, and Jackson was starting to shift from a village that supplied the needs of local ranchers to a town that was becoming the center of organized economic activity in the valley."
Coe Blacksmith Shop (King Sushi): Built 1910. Prior to its use as Coe's shop, the structure was a barbershop. Then blacksmith Ed Coe used the building as his shop during the years he and his wife occupied the nearby Coe House (Sweetwater), from around 1930 to 1936. After the Coes moved out, the building was home to various commercial enterprises and a restaurant in 1976. "The nature of the change in businesses housed reflects something of the change of Jackson and Jackson Hole," its National Register eligibility form reads. "The subtext is the transformation of Jackson, Wyoming, from a ranching village into a commercial and tourist center."
Ellen G. Walker's Clothing Store (Belle Cose): Built 1948. This small cabin housed one of Jackson's first successful women's clothing boutiques under Ellen G. Walker's ownership for more than 35 years. The cabin was built in 1948 on Glenwood and was moved to its current location around 1985. The building is significant because it "represents Jackson's transformation from a budding tourism-based economy to one centered on seasonal tourism," its National Register eligibility form says. "The existence of a women's ready-to-wear clothing store was deeply intertwined with the tourism economy that had propelled Jackson into a new size and character in the post World War II period."